Monday, August 1, 2011

"pillowcase" dress and fun fabrics

I read all about these pillowcase dresses and thought it sounded like such a fun project for me to try out on all my friends who have little girls. After searching around EVERYWHERE for cute pillowcases, I gave up and bought fabric samples from JoAnns. It turned out to be MUCH cheaper than buying pillowcases AND I could even mix and match to my heart's content :) I made 5 dresses in all, and got happier with each one I did. Here is Samantha debuting her dress:


And her little sis Meredith with hers:

And dresses for Reese and Grace, too!


JoAnns has these awesome little fabric pieces for $1.99. They measure 18"x24" and are pretty much perfect for these dresses.

I bought a whole bunch of them to make an ABC blanket-game for Grace and Jack:

I have the blanket/gameboard sewn. Now I just have to iron on all the fun letters and pictures.

Warmly,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. I forwarded this to my mom- she has been wanting to make them! thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic! I really do need to try this soon. Great idea! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree Creations today!

    ReplyDelete