Tuesday, August 23, 2011

sweet sewing for sweet friends

I really wish Summer wouldn't slip by so quickly!

I seem to have a lot of works-in-progress at the moment. Fall weddings are approaching, so I've been doing those invitations, and now the programs/reception decor that follows. I've also been having WAY too much fun with my sewing machine.
Check out this little darling in her "pillowcase" dress:
too cute for words!

Also, my dear friend Beth is having a baby SOOOO soon! Beth and I met in 2005 when we were both randomly put together in a dorm for intern housing. I was an intern at the Washington Times, and she interned at a senator's office, which basically means she gave Capitol tours all day, every day. We've managed to see each other quite frequently since then :)
January 2007
Summer 2008
Beth's birthday. April 2009
Beth's wedding, Jan. 2010

 Here it is 6 years later, and I've watched her meet and fall in love with Jason. I went to her wedding in Kansas, and now I will be heading back to Kansas to see her new baby once he pops out! Of course, Auntie Em cannot show up without a little something for the little guy, so I'm working on this super adorbs puff quilt, also called a biscuit quilt.
The tutorial can be found over at Honeybear Lane.

This is the center section
It now has a 4 inch denim border, and tonight I have to sew on the brown binding :) Oh, and the back is incredibly sweet -- my favorite part. Baby's nursery is blue, brown and red with vintage airplane accents, so I found this gorgeous fabric and snatched it right up:

Way too excited about this find

Yoshi was a real big help during the process, too! Every time I sit down to sew, he jumps up on the chair next to me and sleeps. Which is hugely distracting, because I always want to squish him.

Zzzzzzzz...

I'm heading off to Shanksville, Pa., on Saturday to do a multimedia project on the 9/11 Memorial there (I can't believe it's been 10 years!).
And I have my Annapolis 10-miler on Sunday.

Hope your weather is as gorgeous as it is here in DC!

Warmly,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment