Friday, July 16, 2010

time is FLYING

Take a deep breath and pause. Enjoy the moment. It's so hard to do that these days with so much going on and retail stores rushing through the seasons. Independence Day JUST passed and now everyone is back-to-school shopping and gathering crafts for their fall projects. Yikes!

Wedding planning is a process that starts and ends before you know it! I have brides that contact me within a week of the marriage proposal, and while that might seem a bit hasty, it is so necessary sometimes! Invitations are typically sent out 6 weeks to 2 months before the wedding date, and Save the Dates should really not be sent and closer to the date than 6 months. So when you think about it, a year-long engagement is really not a long time at all!

I guess what I'm trying to say is the wedding is one day. The planning for that wedding is 1 year. The marriage is for a lifetime. Forever. Till death. While you're in your most stressful moments, when you feel that nothing is going your way, take a moment to remind yourself of the most incredible adventure you're about to embark on with (hopefully) your best friend. And breathe.

-----------------

Lots of projects are in store for Embellished by Emily. I am in preparation for those beautiful late-summer/early fall weddings right now. My favorite part of this upcoming season is the use of bright, vibrant colors. Think sunflowers, squash, watermelon and pumpkins. So beautiful. I don't know what it is about autumn weddings, but they always seem so magical. My parents were married in late September and they're still together 30 years later, so I consider it good luck!

I am also working on a few personal projects, trying to spruce up my house and prepare some birthday gifts for my friend's sweet Samantha's first birthday. My house is in desperate need of curtains (and space, for that matter). I believe a massive "spring" clean is in order :)

Congratulations to my friends who had a beautiful baby boy, Max, on July 12. I hope he LOVES coming home to his outer space nursery! And it looks like I'll be taking a trip back over to their house to replace "Anderson" with "Max" on his rocket ship. Big letters are WAY easier to work with :)

Warmly,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment